THE EXPONENT

Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet

The+women%27s+track+and+field+team+took+first+out+of+five+teams+at+the+recent+Sparky+Adams+invitational+meet.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet

The women's track and field team took first out of five teams at the recent Sparky Adams invitational meet.

Courtesy of University Relations

Courtesy of University Relations

Courtesy of University Relations

The Baldwin Wallace University women’s outdoor track and field team hosted the 50th annual Sparky Adams Invitational meet, hosted right inside George Finnie Stadium. The Yellow Jackets came out of top out of five teams with total score of 196.5 points.

In the field events, junior Brooke Buckhannon won the hammer throw with a toss of 165 feet 2 inches, while also placing second in the shot put and discus.

In the shot put, Buckhannon threw for 40 feet and 1.25 inches and registered a 129 feet 2 inch toss in the discus.

To finish off the throwing events, freshman Alexzandria Strawbridge placed second in the javelin, with her longest throw being 97 feet and 9 inches. In the triple jump, senior Jessica Edwards took second with 31`11.25”. Madison Dietz, a freshman long jumper, placed second jumping for 14`10.75”.

To finish out the field events, sophomore Abby Lewicki got to a height of 9`2.25” in pole vault to register a second place finish.

Junior Kelly Brennan started off the track portion of the meet with a victory in the 400-meter dash in a career-best time of 59.05. Molina Otte, a sophomore, placed first in the 1500-meter run in 5:05.93.

Her teammate, Jordan Dascani, fought hard but ended in second with her career-best of 5:06.16. Junior Bella Pendola got a win in the 800-meter run after crossing the finish line with time of 2:19.51. Freshmen Natalie Vinci was the runner-up of the 800 in a career- best time of 2:27.07

The Yellow Jackets will next participate in the OAC Outdoor Championships, a 2-day event hosted by Otterbein University, on April 26-27.

• Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet

News

Goin’, goin’ graduation

• Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet

News

New student body officers bring new perspectives

• Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet

News

BW earns ‘silver’ recognition in sustainability system rankings

• Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet

Arts and Culture

Bach Fest changes leave less room for student performances

• Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet

Arts and Culture

BW newspaper wins top three rank in region

Baldwin Wallace University Student Newspaper
Women’s T&F wins ‘Sparky’ meet