THE EXPONENT

Dominant fall carries over into spring play

The+men%27s+team+is+6-1+since+the+start+of+March%2C+bringing+their+total+record+for+the+year+to+10-1.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The men's team is 6-1 since the start of March, bringing their total record for the year to 10-1.

Courtesy of University Relations

Courtesy of University Relations

Courtesy of University Relations

The Baldwin Wallace University men’s tennis team continued their scorching Fall play into their Spring campaign, accumulating a 6-1 record since March 3. This carries their 2018-2019 overall record to 10-1.

The team traveled to Hilton Head, South Carolina for their annual spring break trip on March 3-8.

The trip allows for the team to face a lot of different competition from a variety places before they jump into Ohio Athletic Conference play.

On the trip, the team picked up victories over St. John Fisher College (N.Y.), Defiance College and Roanoke College (Va.).

The only loss of the trip was caused by Eastern Nazarene College (Mass.), as they were defeated 7-2.

Senior All-OAC performer Matt Harris believes that their out-of-state experience will be vital for a successful finish to their season.

“We had a great week of tennis over spring break going 4 and 1 down at Hilton Head Island,” said Harris. “We are looking to carry this momentum into the OAC play and make a run for an OAC championship.”

The team had a week break once they got back to Berea before facing Norwich University (Va.) on March 15. The team was able to put together an 8-1 victory.

The doubles teams of All-OAC senior Dominic Polifrone and Harris, senior Jake Elbin and All-OAC performer Roger Boyer, freshman Eddie Schartman and senior Ben Binion all were victorious.

In solo play, Polifrone, Harris, sophomore Michael Benotti, Boyer and freshman Miles Collins all picked up victories.

The next matchup was against Westminster College (Pa.) and the Yellow Jackets continued their hot streak with a 9-0 sweep over the Titans.

OAC action will open up the next time BW takes the court when they travel to the Ursuline College Tennis Courts in Pepper Pike, Ohio to take on John Carroll University on Wednesday, April 3.

The month of April will be a busy month for the Yellow Jackets as they will compete in nine matches over the next 30 days.

• Dominant fall carries over into spring play

News

Daylong event to celebrate students’ achievement

Arts and Culture

Major recognitions, awards to be bestowed during Honor’s Ceremony

News

What is Ovation anyway?

Arts and Culture

Student artists compete in juried art show

Arts and Culture

Treble Choir centers around Ave Maria

Baldwin Wallace University Student Newspaper