THE EXPONENT

Men’s soccer looks to find footing in early matches

The past couple of weeks have been eventful for the Baldwin Wallace University men’s soccer team.

The Yellow Jackets started off the season on August 31st on the road in Erie, Pa. facing the State University of New York at Geneseo in the annual Herb Lauffer Memorial Tournament, hosted by Penn State Behrend College.

The Yellow Jackets defeated Geneseo 3-2 in the season opener, with junior Academic All-Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) forward Cannon Dees scoring his first collegiate goal. The next day, BW fell to Houghton (N.Y) 3-2 in the teams’ final game in the tournament.

On September 4th, Baldwin Wallace hosted the College of Wooster in their home opener. The Yellow Jackets defeated the non-conference opponent 2-1.

Later that wee, the team traveled to North Manchester, Ind. and was defeated 4-2 by Manchester University (Ind.). Junior two-time All-OAC forward Danny Ruple was named Offensive Player of the Week after his efforts in the two games.

The team’s most recent matchup occurred last Saturday, tying with Anderson University (Ind.) in a double overtime (4-4) in Anderson, Ind. This week, the Yellow Jackets will face Allegheny (Pa.) on the road on September 12th.

• Men’s soccer looks to find footing in early matches

News

BW professors recognized for excellence

News

Recent graduate beats out 30,000 others in public speaking competition

News

Kaye tasked with growing grad programs

News

Award-winning actor to speak Oct. 6 at BW

• Jacket Sports

Volleyball off to 9-1 start as team goes undefeated at Golden Eagle Tournament

Baldwin Wallace University Student Newspaper